Herbed Lamb Chops
I don’t know why we don’t eat lamb more often. It’s juicy and delicious, and little chops are quick and easy to make. But for whatever reason, I never seem to think of it until I see all the Easter lamb recipes on the Internet.
I’ve not yet made a leg of lamb, but I’ve done chops a couple of times. Don’t wait for a special occasion to make these – they grill (or broil) up in a snap. Pair with mashed potatoes as I did for an indulgent treat, or even just a simple salad or some steamed veggies for a super quick, easy and healthy weeknight meal.
- 32 ounces lamb loin chops (8 4-oz chops), trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme minced
- Salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- 1 medium lemon
- Preheat oven to 400. Heat an oven safe grill pan over medium high heat.
- Lightly spray lamb chops with cooking spray, then season with salt and pepper, fresh herbs and minced garlic. Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Spray grill pan with cooking spray. Lay chops seasoned side down on grill pan. Immediately spray and season other side of chops. Grill for approximately 4 minutes.
- Flip chops and sear briefly, then put entire pan into the oven for approximately 5 minutes for medium rare or to desired doneness.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
© DontForgetDelicious.com and Valerie Tate Williams