Menu Plan Monday: May 4, 2009
Better late than never, right?
Here is last week’s report:
- Cajun Oven-Fried Chicken from Cooking Light – Will be posting soon!
- Slow Cooker Cioppino from Gourmet Slow Cooker: Vol II – See Easy Cioppino in the Slow Cooker
- Bangers & Mash from my Mentor! – Will be posting soon!
- Gnocchi Nicoise from Food Network – Won’t be posting on this. Fairly easy, but an odd combination of flavors. I thought it was all right, Bill didn’t like it at all – wouldn’t even finish his dish.
- Skillet Chicken & Mushroom Pot Pie from Food and Wine – Didn’t get to this one.
- Meatballs with Ricotta in Tomato Sauce from SimplyRecipes.com – this was supposed to be Saturday’s meal, since it takes a bit long to make. But it got preempted by going to see X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Definitely on the list for another time!
This week is already starting out sort of hectic and crazy, but here’s what I’ll be attempting anyway:
- Malloreddus alla campidanese – really a simple pasta dish, but with a fancy Italian name. I’m going to attempt this Photo Remake and figured, why not do the recipe as well? Will hopefully improve both my cooking and my photography skills.
- Oriental meatballs
- Fresh Tuna Salad
- Pizza Pouches
- Something with the Chili Pappardelle I have in the pantry